September 15 2016
Top Tips for making your flowers last
Courtesy of the team at Flowers at the Farm, here is 5 easy steps to ensure your flowers are always looking fresh and lasting longer.
- Remove flowers from any wrapping.
- Choose & fill with fresh water a vase that is the appropriate height and neck width for the flowers you have.
- Lay flowers out flat on your bench and strip away any foliage or leaves that will sit in the water or touch the neck of the vase.
- Cut roughly ½ cm off the bottom of each flower stem and place directly in the fresh water, within 10 seconds. We call this the “10 Second Rule”.
- Change water & recut the stems daily or every second day.